Blogging helps boost SEO quality by positioning your website as a relevant answer to your customers’ questions. Blog posts that specifically use a variety of on-page SEO tactics can give you more opportunities to rank in search engines and get customers to visit your site.
Although it’s clear blog content does contribute to your SEO, Google’s copious algorithm updates can make this tricky. And today’s SEO best practices are all about relevancy and intent.
So, when it comes to your blog, how do you know what matters and what doesn’t? What are today’s blog ranking tactics, and what’s considered “old-school”? How can you keep it all straight?
Confusion is a common issue facing digital content marketers — and we want to help. In this post, we’ll cover how to optimize your blog posts for the keywords you care about, along with a few other optimization tactics you should keep in mind.
SEO can be confusing, let u help!
Now, let’s take a look at the 12 blog SEO tips that you can take advantage of to enhance your content’s searchability.
- Focus on 1–2 long-tail keywords that match the intent of your target reader
- Include your 1–2 keywords in specific parts of your post.
- Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly and responsive.
- Optimize your meta description, and use all the space.
- Optimize your images with image alt text.
- Don’t use too many similar topic tags.
- Use URL structures that help your visitors.
- Link internally when possible.
- Use Google’s Search Console.
- Use topic clusters.
- Create evergreen content.
- Repurpose or update your current content and remove outdated content.